Thursday, January 10, 2013

Resolutions

i love the fresh start feeling of a new year.
2012 was sure one for the books in our household.
i am overwhelmed how much nick and i have been blessed.
thinking back on all of our blessings of the past years,
makes me want to improve myself even more.

i have ::always:: been one for new resolutions.
i have taken way to long trying to come up with some,
and i still want to think of a few more.
but... i wanted to post a few to make me feel more committed to them.
here it goes.

[stop] comparing myself to others.
              this one is definitely #1 on my list
              it is something i know will make me SO much happier.
              I am still working on thinking of the ways I want to accomplish this but here are a few
1. Pray more sincerely/recognize my many blessings
2. staying busy/accomplishing simple everyday goals
3. limiting my time on social media
4. serving others
*I realize that is about a dozen goals wrapped into one, but I really am trying to focus on that. My life is pretty much the BEST... I don't know why I get caught up in comparing...but it is about to stop for me! 

[journal] every day.
              doing this will help me recognize the lord's hand in my life more easily
              and i know it is just important to do.

[read] the entire ensign every  month
              i don't always take advantage of the awesome messages
              and modern day revelation that the ensign contains.
               but... i will this year!
              

[work out] 3 times a week
              kind of a given
              i figure 3 days is WAY reasonable
              and any more days I do than that I will feel awesome about!

Those are some of my resolutions. 
i figure it is a pretty good start
and i am still going strong.

i am so excited to see what the new year brings! happy new year :)


No comments:

Post a Comment